- Overview and Highlights
- African Art
- American Decorative Arts
- American Paintings and Sculpture
- Ancient Art
- Art of the Ancient Americas
- Arts of Islam
- Asian Art
- Coins and Medals
- European Art
- Indo-Pacific Art
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Prints and Drawings
- Search the Collection
- Join and Support
Mary Hotchkiss Williams Travel Fellowship
The Mary Hotchkiss Williams Travel Fellowship for the Visual Arts supports summer travel abroad for qualified Yale undergraduates engaged in making visual art.
About the Fellowship
The Mary Hotchkiss Williams Travel Fellowship for the Visual Arts, awarded by the Yale University Art Gallery, supports travel abroad for qualified Yale undergraduates engaged in making visual art. This year, up to four fellowships will be awarded to students who demonstrate superior performance in their respective fields of artistic practice and present a proposal for travel that will provide enriching experiences to the developing artist. The fellowship carries a grant of $5,500. Preference is given to studio-art majors but students majoring in other fields at Yale College are invited to apply.
The application deadline for 2015 fellowships is Friday, March 6, 2015.
For more information, see the Student Grants Database at https://yale.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 6, 2015
Applications for the fellowship must include the following:
- A brief biography
- A statement of intent, describing your travel plans and explaining how they are related to your art practice
- A budget, including the price of tickets, lodging, etc.
- Ten examples of your art in electronic form (digital files or web links)
- Your unofficial Yale transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from members of the Yale faculty
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com and should include “Mary Hotchkiss Williams Application” in the subject line.
Applicants will be notified of a decision by late April 2015.
Questions may be addressed to:
Elizabeth Manekin, Assistant Curator of Education
Education Department, Yale University Art Gallery