Mary Hotchkiss Williams Travel Fellowship
About the Fellowship
Application Deadline: Friday, March 7, 2014
The Mary Hotchkiss Williams Travel Fellowship for the Visual Arts, awarded by the Yale University Art Gallery, supports travel abroad for qualified Yale undergraduates engaged in making visual art. This year, up to four fellowships will be awarded to students who demonstrate superior performance in their respective fields of artistic practice and present a proposal for travel that will provide enriching experiences to the developing artist. The fellowship carries a grant of $5,500. Preference is given to studio-art majors but students majoring in other fields at Yale College are invited to apply.
For more information, see the Student Grants Database at yale.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx.
Applications for the fellowship must include the following:
- A brief biography
- A statement of intent, describing your travel plans and explaining how they are related to your art practice
- A budget, including the price of tickets, lodging, etc.
- Ten examples of your art in electronic form (digital files or web links)
- Your unofficial Yale transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from members of the Yale faculty
All materials must be received by Friday, March 7, 2014.
Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be notified of a decision by April 30, 2014.
Questions may be addressed to:
David Odo, the Bradley Assistant Curator of Academic Affairs Education Department
Yale University Art Gallery